Sunday, June 4

On a mission for Holy Guac

The other day I was down at our local organic foods grocery store. I was on a mission to purchase some avocados to transform into guacamole on a hot California day. Well, I have to admit, I was swayed by the impressive marketing of this attractive organic mecca... and I purchased their brand pre-made guacamole. I'm not going to lie - I was hopeful. Unfortunately, I was sadly disappointed by the poor quality of this fancy package of guacamole. It just was too much of this and not enough of that. For the next week I was forced to stare at the guac in my fridge - where it sits today, brown and forgotten.

In an effort to make up for this tragedy - I have vowed never to buy the packaged organic brand guac even if it is made in front of me.

With summer coming, for some of us it's already here, I am going to call out for all your best guac recipes. Here's what I have come up with:

Ingredients

3 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 large Serrano chilies seeded and chopped (leave the seeds in if you're feeling daring - or you're from Texas.)
4 large jalapeno chilies seeded and chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions

Ok - we all know how to make guacamole. Mash the avos to a desired consistency... and pile in all the other stuff. It's not too technical - have fun with this recipe and add larger/lesser amounts of your favorite/not so favorite ingredients.

Eat this with organic corn chips - if you're interested in the reasons behind this recommendation visit the Organic Consumers Association (OCA).

1 Comments:

At 5:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home